Road accident, is it necessary to contact the lawyer? Who pays the personal injury lawyer? Let’s see, briefly, how to behave if you are involved in a road accident. It is not always easy to obtain compensation for damages resulting from a road accident. That’s why it’s good, right from the start, to contact a good lawyer, which makes sure that the practice is dealt with by the insurance company.
What damage can result from a road accident?
Damages can be:
- material damage (to things)
- physical damage (to people)
In turn, these two types of damage are subdivided into other compensable items:
- moral damages
- damage caused by loss of earnings due to the impossibility of carrying out work
- damage due to non-use of the vehicle
- and finally the reimbursement of all expenses arising from the accident (medical expenses, transport costs of the vehicle)
How should one behave in the presence of a claim?
Therefore, when a road accident occurs, first of all it is necessary to check that the vehicles and the people involved are not in a position to cause another accident. In this case, the presence of an accident must be adequately reported to other road users. If people are injured, the ambulance must be called.
On the site of the accident it is necessary to acquire as much information as possible in particular:
- The identity of the drivers and the owners of the vehicles involved, ie personal data, address, telephone contact, and data relative to the driving license;
- The Insurance Company of the respective vehicles, or the name of the Company, the policy number and the agency.
And, again, if other people have witnessed the accident, it is worth noting the name, surname, address and telephone contact of any witnesses and vehicle passengers.
The friendly statement must always be completed in all its parts, even if the counterparties are not available to sign it.
The first step that the lawyer responsible for instructing the practice must do, to obtain compensation for damages, is to send a request by registered letter a / r with attached all the documentation. Some documents must be indicated immediately, others in the course of the practice. The Insurance Law indicates which requirements are necessary for the claim for compensation to be taken into consideration by the opposing insurance company. The CID must be attached direct indemnity duly completed in its entirety, even if the counterparty does not sign it. The CID, in fact, contains all the elements necessary to start the practice, id:
- the place, date and time of the accident
- the data of the parties involved name plate, name of the owner and driver, insurance company, agency and policy number
- the description of the dynamics of the accident
- the description of the damages suffered by the vehicles
- reporting and description of any physical damage
- Indication of any witnesses.